Welcome To Pumpkin Butt Kitty's Fantastic Finds

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Johnsonville Chicken Sausage, 50% less fat, quick and easy

This BzzAgent has made an AMAZING dinner, on more than one occasion recently, by using Johnsonville Chicken Sausage!
Before I even get to that, let me share a few facts with you first: Johnsonville Chicken Sausage (JCS) has 50% less fat, and who would not love that? :) It is made from naturally lean chicken, is fully cooked, (just heat on the grill, stove top, oven or even the microwave) what else could be easier? Plus, there is no additional trans fats or MSG, and they come in wonderful flavors like Apple, Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese, Three Cheese Italian Style, and Cajun Style.
Not to mention, you can find jaw-dropping recipes on the Johnsonville website. (Johnsonville.com)
Now, I did go to the website for recipe ideas. The first one that caught my eye was the Johnsonville Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Quesadillas. However, I really did "tweak" the recipe, based on what was on sale at the store.
Here is the original recipe:


5 of 5 Average Rating (1 total reviews)
Submitted by:
Need a quick snack or light lunch? Try these Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage quesadillas with chipped red pepper, green onions and shredded Colby Jack cheese.




Johnsonville Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Sausage Quesadillas

What you need

Preparation

  • 1
    Place 3 tortillas on a large greased baking sheet.
  • 2
    Sprinkle each with sausage, red pepper, green onion and cheese.
  • 3
    Top each with a tortilla.
  • 4
    Place baking sheet on the center oven rack.
  • 5
    Broil for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
  • 6
    Cut into wedges.
  • 7
    Repeat with remaining ingredients.
  • 8
    Serve with salsa, if desired.
    What I different was instead of the red bell pepper and green onions, I used the "homemade" fresh tomato pico from Kroger. I also put cheese on the bottom tortilla, then added the diced sausage, pico,  a few diced mushrooms (they were on sale and we love them!) and a little more cheese to "glue" it all together.
    They were OUT OF THIS WORLD, quick, and easy! My husband and 13 year old step son LOVED them! So much so that I have been asked to make them again and again! I have made my same "tweaked" quesadilla, but this time I tried it with the Johnsonville Chicken Cajun Style Sausage. Still just as stunning!!!
    I think next time I might try some refried beans as the "glue" to one side of the tortilla! Who knows? The possibilities are totally endless!!!
    So, in closing, please run, don't walk, to your local Kroger, Ralph's, King Snoopers, Baker's, Dillion's, Fred Meyer, Frey's or Smith's to pick up your Johnsonville Chicken Sausage for a quick, easy, astonishing, dinner tonight!! You will not be sorry!!!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails