Welcome To Pumpkin Butt Kitty's Fantastic Finds

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Hottest Looks Are Easily Achieved With Cover Girl's Blast Collection

I completely love the smoky eye look, but have never tried it, I didn't think I would be able to achieve the look on my own and have it turn out well. So, needless to say, I was very excited, and a little nervous, to to hear I would be receiving the Cover Girl SmokyShadowBlast, in Purple Plum from BzzAgent.com, to try.

Yes. I would finally be able to get the ever so popular, sensational and quite intense, smoky eye with Cover Girl's SmokyShadowBlast, which thanks to professional make-up artist Pat McGrath, comes in six expertly paired, colorful shades (SilverSky, BronzeFire, CitrusFlair, OnyxSmoke, and PurplePlum), all with uniquely shaped tips, to help you achieve that desired look in just two easy to do steps:

Step 1) Using the round tip of your ShadowBlast stick, smoothly  sweep the lighter shade from your lash line to the brow brow bone, and if you want to, just below the bottom lash line as well.

Step 2) Now, using the tapered tip of the your ShadowBlast stick, apply the darker shade on your lash line and in the crease of your upper lid.

It's really that quick (and painless lol), all that's left to do is finish off with a really great volume or lengthening mascara, like LashBlastLength or LashBlastVolume.

I did the above steps just as directed. It was very easy to achieve the smoky eye and it looked amazing, even if I do say so myself, at first then it was gone just as easy and just as quickly! It also took a little for me to get use to because I had never used a cream eye shadow before, so it had a much heavier feel to it than I had ever experienced before. I liked the applicator a lot, at least until it flew out of the stick! I had never adjusted it either, I used it just the way it came. I found that I had to go over each eyelid several times, the color  was a little too light, and creased badly, for a dramatic, night time,  smoky eye. Since I was having some problems, I tried using a bit of foundation, dusted with translucent face powder, on my eye lids before I wore the shadow the next time, which helped the color turn out darker and last a lot longer then with out it.

In addition to receiving the SmokyShadowBlast, I also received  another product from the that same collection, ShineBlast Lip Gloss in Fire (there are 15 other vibrant colors in addition to this one). This new lip product is a sculpting gloss and also has a new, wonderful, innovative, make-up artist inspired, applicator called the ShineSculpt with 4 times the shine of other products.

Professional make-up artist Molly Stern offered these tips for both day and nighttime looks when using the new ShineBlast Lip Gloss:

For a daytime look, apply the gloss to the top lip and then kiss the bottom lip for a wearable high shine.

For a nighttime look and a super sexy pout, dab an extra amount of gloss on the center of your bottom lip for a high shine focal point.

When I first saw the lip gloss, I was pretty alarmed at the color, it was very orange in the tube, nothing at all like what I had pictured in my head when I thought of "Fire" for a lip color! I really loved the new applicator. I applies precisely the right amount of gloss, that was never sticky, with just a hint of color (it was not orange at all when applied), has a beautiful, shimmery, light-reflecting, shine that you will love!


You can find both products everywhere Cover Girl is sold, such as grocery and drug stores, mass retailers, and online.  The suggested retail price for the Smoky ShadowBlast is $7.99, and the suggested retail price for the ShineBlast Lip Gloss is $7.49.

Be sure to check out covergirl.com for the latest beauty buzz, tips, more day and night time looks, special offers, Live Beauty Chat is also available, purchase, as well as keep on file, your favorite Cover Girl products all in one place on their website!

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails