Welcome To Pumpkin Butt Kitty's Fantastic Finds

Monday, September 6, 2021

 I do not know about y'all, but I have the worst time getting hard boiled eggs to come out just right. I have tried every trick in the book, from an actual book, to cooking shows, to family! Everyone has a different way, and not one has worked for me, yet! They are too soft, so hard that they can be green, they are too hard to peal, etc.

Well, guess what? That has all ended for me! Yes, it is true. I found this nifty Egg Timer on Amazon. I was skeptical, that can be my nature. Usually, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. For me at least. Not this time! I was amazed.

Here is what the Egg Timer looks like, to start out with:


 Simple enough, right? It shows you the different stages of the kind of egg you want. Then, you just put it into the water with your eggs:



Then you wait until it changes colors, depending on the type of egg you want, soft, medium, or hard boiled. I wanted hard boiled, for my salads! 😏

I let it go for about 10 minutes, checked on it. It wasn't to the hard boiled stage, so I went another few minutes, until there was no red left on the Egg Timer.



Then, I took it off the heat, ran cold water in the pot, and added ice to stop the cooking process.


This is what the Egg Timer looked like, right after removing it from the water. Just to get a more clear picture:



When I purchased this, it was $6.99 at Amazon. Which I think is amazing, and saves me so much money, because I have been buying hard boiled eggs, already done, and peeled, for $1.99 for 6 eggs! (I paid $1.43 for a dozen large eggs just yesterday!) I know, the shame of it all! lol


If you have a hard time, no pun intended, (or maybe pun intended! lol) with hard boiled eggs. I really suggest that you give this a try. I love it,  and will be making a lot more hard boiled eggs, on my own, and saving money! I have so many recipes that I can use this for!

And parents out there, if you have a hard time with the hard boiled eggs like I did, think about how much easier Easter will be, if y'all decorate eggs, for you, and how much faster it will go!

P.S. I am not responsible for the decorating, or the egg mess. Just in helping you get those hard boiled eggs perfect! 😄

Enjoy and take care!


#mevisline



 

 


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails